Nice job! You have another 100 Hanja characters under your belt, for a total of 300! Congratulations! Now it is time to put your knowledge to the test. Every character in Unit 3 can be found somewhere in this test – so I hope you were studying hard!
(The answers are at the bottom of the test)
1) You are looking for a specific road, but you don’t know what it is called. You know there is an agriculture and fisheries market on that road. You reach a four-way intersection, and each road has a different name. Which road do you take?
2) You are looking for a baseball Stadium in the Mokdong area of Seoul. Which one would be the correct sign?
3) You move to a small village on the north side of Jeju. You are looking for an elementary school to send your five year old daughter. Which one most likely represents an elementary school in a small village in this area (all of this information is actually true, including the answer!)
4) Choose the letters that do not refer to a job or profession:
5) The following are all fields of study that you learned about in Unit 3. What are they?
6) What would the following number be?
You might need to learn about big Korean numbers (intrdocuted in Korean Lesson 130).
7) In Hanja Lesson 47, you learned about the character 的. Define the following words created from characters introduced in lessons after Lesson 47:
8) Which of the following Hanja characters are not 정?
9) Choose the letters that do not refer to a place or location:
10) Which of the following would you not go to the hospital/doctor for?
11) Which element has the highest number of protons?
You might need to refer to the Periodic Table.
12) Which of the following would refer to a “considerable amount of criminals?”
a) 相當數의 犯罪者
b) 相當數의 害罪者
c) 相當數의 犯災者
d) 計當數의 破罪者
e) 相過數의 犯罪者
13) Which of the following would refer to the “reduction of speed?”
14) Which of the following would indicate that a program on TV you are watching is a live broadcast?
15) Which of the following would refer to an octagon?
16) Which of the following would refer to expenses that one has for riding/taking transportation
17) Order these characters from least amount of strokes to most:
18) A friend is arguing with another friend that Hanja helps you learn Korean. You agree with the first friend that it is helpful. As you agree, you use the word 同意 to not only agree, but to make your point. What do you say?
4) d, g, h, m
5) pharmacy, medicine, law, thermodynamics, agriculture
7) illegal, explosive, ambitious, sympathetic
8) b, c, e, h
9) c, d, g
10) b, d, h
17) c, a, d, b
18) 동 means similar, 의 means opinion. Similar opinion means that you agree.